Monday 27 December 2010

Festivities

We left everything really late this year and so the Wednesday before christmas I was rushing round like a maniac trying to track down a Christmas Tree. All the usual places were sold out but then I managed to find some at a petrol station. There was the choice of really short or really tall ones.........so I plumped for a really tall one, and I mean a REALLY tall one!


It barely fitted inside the car, poor Joel must have wondered what the heck was going on.


We had to chop a big bit off the top and finally got round to dressing it the night before Christmas Eve. We bought Joel some decoration as we thought it'd be nice each year if there was a box of decorations that were his which we can add to.

Christmas Eve the neighbours delivered some freshly baked scones and a home made card.


and the postman delivered us a stack of parcels from Jill wrapped in fantastic homemade paper.


On Christmas day Joel got a nice new hat, though it's a little on the large size!


And a really cool finger puppet version of The Hungry Caterpillar


Not to mention lots and lots of other nice things. I don't think Joel knew how special a day it was but we did.

1 comment:

  1. Joel's expression next to the Christmas tree cracked me up! how funny. Glad you three had a lovely time. x x x

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear from my followers so please leave your comments on my posts. Thanks Mrs P x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails