Wednesday 28 August 2013

Across to The Mill

I couldn't count the number of times we have wandered past Sprint Mill, catching glimpses of it's treasures through the cobweb threaded windows or ajar doors, nor the number of times we have been tempted to sneak in! When we heard they were having an open day, as part of the National Gardens Scheme- Open Gardens, we were among the first in line to enter.

Immediately we were greeted by hens roaming the pathways and some very friendly goats housed behind a beautiful handmade gate, which somehow looked very 'Goaty'



Then on to the Mill; It was crammed to the rafters with three floors of wonderful objects, furniture, boats, tools, toys and everything that had ever been treasured by the family who had lived there for the last forty years.
The Mill itself is used for storage and work shop space with the beautiful Mill house next door, which on the open day was serving homemade cakes and teas. Here's what I managed to get pictures of, however it was very dark inside and I was keeping an eye on Joel around all the tools.

This boat was made by the Mill owner
Well organised. Loving 'Broken Dolls'
Woven chair made by the Mill owner
Check out this blue beauty
'I know what I am doing!'
Lots of lovely old tools were everywhere
I would love a cabinet like this one day
This impressive bench was sat next to the river
We spotted this teeny weeny cluster of bugs on the arm of it
Joel found a rope swing
It was a great day out and just across the field from us. I came away full of aspirations to one day have a big big space to keep everything ever in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear from my followers so please leave your comments on my posts. Thanks Mrs P x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails